Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Toronto Limos victims of a double standard

About a month ago, the Provincial Government ruled that Airport limos, that are mainly licensed by the City of Mississauga, can continue to pick up passengers in the City of Toronto without a plate to do so.

What is the Government's stance on Toronto licensed vehicles picking up in other municipalities?

Today I had a customer request that I pick him up from the Hilton on Airport Rd.  A City of Mississauga inspector followed both my drivers and refused to let them pick up my client.  Causing a scene in front of my confused customer.

I asked my customer to leave the Hotel property so that my driver can pick him up.  He walked to a different location and the inspector continued to follow my driver to prevent him from picking up my passenger.

What is with this sort of aggressiveness?  Do they get paid by the ticket? 

I am absolutely incensed at this ridiculous double standard.  Since the Provincial Government decided to get involved in the City of Toronto's business, I would like to know, what is the ruling for this situation?

Can the City of Mississauga continue to prevent City of Toronto licensed vehicles from picking up pre-arranged passengers?

2 comments:

  1. Talk to your member of parliament...take this to the federal level.

    Fight the Man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting info. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete